Super Moderator

Name: David

Year: 2010
Model: Ram 1500 CC Sport
Engine: 5.7L Hemi

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to BMRbrnSNRbrd
Default Las Vegas

Made it to Las Vegas. Trip went really well, even considering the kiddo and that we did a 15 hour stretch the first day so we could stay in Flagstaff, AZ (I really believe I was meant to live there.)

Couple things to mention...

First, the truck did awesome on gas. We were getting between 20 and 22 mpg at any given time (that's hand calculated) and we were getting 550 miles per tank!

Also, Fukken is the SHIT for getting bugs off. Our first stop was in Shamrock, TX for breakfast (after leaving home at 4am, so we were doing a lot of driving at night) and I noticed I must have hit some freaking birds with all shit on the front of the truck. My wife said I was ridiculous, but I whipped out a couple of my crummy microfibers and my Fukken wax (brought two cans ) and cleaned all the gunk off so it didn't bake on for the next 48+ hours.

And the last part...backstory: I am notorious for not only speeding on road trips because I'm anxious to get where I'm going, but getting pulled over as well. This time, despite the 75 mph speed limits, I had the truck stuck at 72 (with cruise control) because that's where I got the best gas mileage.

Anyway, we leave our hotel in Flagstaff and were on the road about 40 minutes when I pass an Arizona Highway Patrol (or whatever they're called) and go to slow down because I'm used to speeding. I even made a comment about that to my wife. Anyway, next thing I know I see him coming up along side me...dropping back to my rear bumper...and then getting behind me. Sure as shit he pulled my ass over. I told my wife "I would love to know what this shit is about."

The guy walks up after I've shut down the truck and dropped all four windows (like I said, I know the tricks to being pulled over) and asks for my license and insurance. I told him he could have it when he told what he was pulling me over for. He says, "Well sir, you have especially dark tint." WHAT THE FUCK!!! After this, I play along knowing that I won't allow him to search or any of that shit because he doesn't really have probable cause to pull me over anyway. He asks me, "Do you know what percentage your tint is?" I just told him I knew it was "dark." He pulls out some fancy ass thing and asks me to roll the window up a bit. He sticks it on as he tells me that the law in Arizona requires 33% or lighter (why do I give a flying fuck buddy...I'm not from here) and tells me it's at 4% (no shit...I said it was dark.) Anyway, he tries to play the nice guy and say he won't give me a "Repair citation" (Fucking try buddy) and just a warning.

So, basically, who the fuck gets pulled over while NOT speeding out of state for window tint (a law that doesn't apply unless your vehicle is registered in whatever state) and gets a warning for it? ME, that's who. I'm half tempted to write a letter, but I don't want to waste the ink or time.

Oh, and he even "took the time" to look up the Oklahoma law and made sure to tell me that it's 25%...try and enforce that shit from Arizona hoss. I just want you guys to know that I have the upmost respect for all law enforcement officers, but this shit cut right through that.

Oh, I'm going to clean the truck up in the next couple days and then get some BADASS pics of my truck in Vegas.

BMRbrnSNRbrd is offline   Reply With Quote